DONT MISS LIGHTING ICONOGRAPHY AND TOTALY TUBULAR!: June 2nd and 4rd at Hunts
Only 10 spots available.
Go behind the lens, tubes, and mind of twenty-year rock and celebrity portrait photographer Jeremy Saffer and get a glimpse into the world of music, celebrity, and entertainment photography using tube LED lighting.
Students will get the unique opportunity to not only learn everything Jeremy has to teach about using LED tube lighting, but will also a chance to apply everything they’ve learned during hands on demos and photo shoots.
After having the chance to observe Jeremy’s approach to using tubes while working with a band, it will be your turn to create images. The workshop will conclude with Jeremy reviewing and giving feedback to each student of the work they have produced.
- Intro to Jeremy
Introduction to LED
- Slideshow of LED usages
- LED application
- Slideshow of BTS/final images/editorial/covers with spec breakdowns of LED settings
LED Color Blending/Temperature
- Reviewing color temperature theory/cold tone, warm tone, CTO
- Reviewing color blending theory (mixing color)
- Show various LED lights and their effects and usages
- A walk through of what cameras/lenses I will be using
- Students prep their cameras/provided cameras prepped
- 30m break for lunch.
Pre-shoot QnA with celebrity guest/band
- QnA moderated by Jeremy on the working relationship between photographers and subjects
- The do’s and dont’s of photo shoots.
- Students ask questions.
Studio set up demo
- The open room is turned into a studio in just 10 minutes with talk through
LED Shoot: Jeremy
- Live shoot with guest band/celeb
- Set up and variation for a variety of LED lighting options
- Image review
LED Shoot: Students
- Students do live shoot with special guest band/celeb
- Students try a variety of LED lighting options
- Image review and feedback
- Feedback from guest band/artists to students/final QnA
- Image review with students work being displayed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with an interest in portrait photography and lighting will gain much from this program. Music photographers looking to get into music portraiture. Any photographers who want the chance to photograph a band using professional lighting in a studio setting.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Having a basic understanding of photography, camera settings, and being familiar with your camera is important but students do not need any prior lighting experience.