DONT MISS LIGHTING ICONOGRAPHY AND GET THE LED OUT!: June 2nd and 3rd at Hunts
Only 10 spots available.
Go behind the lens, tubes, and mind of twenty-year rock and celebrity portrait photographer Jeremy Saffer and get a glimpse into the world of music, celebrity, and entertainment photography using tube LED lighting.
Students will get the unique opportunity to not only learn everything Jeremy has to teach about using LED tube lighting, but will also a chance to apply everything they’ve learned during hands on demos and photo shoots.
After having the chance to observe Jeremy’s approach to using tubes while working with a band, it will be your turn to create images. The workshop will conclude with Jeremy reviewing and giving feedback to each student of the work they have produced.
- Intro to LED and tube lighting
- Color blending using tubes
- Color temperature theory
- Why, When, and How to implement tubes for lighting
- Image breakdown of tube photos
- Tube set up, options, settings, and capabilities
- Tube effects/pixel Effects
- Studio and environmental optimization for LED tubes
- Lighting build with 1 tube, up to 16 tubes
- and more
- Jeremy intro as a photographer
- Slideshow of tube usages
- how I started using them
- tube applications
- Slideshow of BTS/final images/editorial/covers with spec breakdowns of tube settings
- Reviewing color temperature theory/cold tone, warm tone, CTO
- Reviewing color blending theory (mixing color)
- Show C-series blending between multiple tubes
- Show X-series can blend/mix color in a single tube
- A walk through of the tubes and how to work them (hands on)
- A test (set light to yellow (40) set light to 5600, etc)
- Mounting options (how to properly mount the tube)
- Stand options
- A walk through of what cameras/lenses I use
- Students prep their cameras/provided cameras prepped
- 30m break for lunch.
- QnA moderated by Jeremy on the working relationship between photographers and subjects
- The do’s and dont’s of photo shoots.
- Students ask questions.
- The open room is turned into a studio in just 10 minutes with talk through
- Showing how to block a room for lighting control and safety
- Safety demo (tubes have no wires!)
- Live shoot with guest band/celeb
- Set up and variation for 1 tube, 2 tube, 3 tube, 4 tube, 6 tube, 8 tube, 16 tube set ups etc.
- Image review
- Students do live shoot with special guest band/celeb
- Students try 1 tube, 2 tube, 3 tube, 4 tube, 6 tube, 8 tube, 16 tube set ups etc.
- Image review and feedback
- Feedback from guest band/artists to students/final QnA
- Image review with students work being displayed
- Wrap with students leaving with options to buy tubes/possible discount from Nanlite for attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with an interest in portrait photography and lighting will gain much from this program. Music photographers looking to get into music portraiture. Any photographers who want the chance to photograph a band using professional lighting in a studio setting.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Having a basic understanding of photography, camera settings, and being familiar with your camera is important but students do not need any prior lighting experience.